Our Daily Bread Volunteer Opportunities
Our Daily Bread welcomes volunteers from every sector of the community to engage in service to the needy of our community. ODB can arrange for high school groups, church groups, local businesses, service clubs, and individuals to participate in our program. Volunteering can range from a small group participating in a single day of service to individuals becoming an ongoing part of our volunteer program. There are a wide variety of volunteer positions including:
- Cooks who prepare hot meals on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday working 3-5 hours starting at 8:00 AM.
- Kitchen helpers who make salads and prepare desserts on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday for 3-4 hours starting at 8:30 AM.
- Dishwashers and clean-up staff working Monday, Wednesday, or Friday for 3-4 hours starting at 10:00 AM.
- Dining room servers and set-up staff working Monday, Wednesday, or Friday for 2-4 hours starting at 9:00 AM.
- Pantry and refrigerator coordinators who sort and rotate food on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 2-4 hours starting at 8:30 AM.
- Drivers who work on a daily basis for 2-4 hours picking-up donated groceries produce, and breads from local markets and cafes.
Groups can arrange with David Barnes, ODB’s Program Manager, to come for a single day of service and participate in preparing and serving the meal. For more information on volunteering, please contact David at (408) 736-4108
View Our Daily Bread’s Bread Lines newsletter – Click Here